Commencement 2022 is on Thursday, May 26th.
Congratulations, Seniors! This webpage summarizes Winthrop House's Commencement events and provides links to key information.
For the most up-to-date information, go to the official Harvard Commencement page: https://commencement.harvard.edu/
The Harvard Alumni Office also provides information for seniors: https://alumni.harvard.edu/college/seniors/commencement
For guests with disabilities: https://commencement.harvard.edu/guests-disabilities. For additional requests for accommodations for guests or degree candidates please email the University Disability Resources office at email@example.com or call 617-495-1859.
For information about HUDS during Senior week, see the HUDS Openings & Closings page.
Winthrop House Commencement Events
Winthrop House Senior Toast and Dinner
- Monday May 23, 6pm
- Gore Courtyard (Toast) and Dining Hall (Dinner)
- Sorry, no guests at dinner; family guests may come to the toast.
Winthrop House Class Day Reception
- For graduating Seniors and their loved ones! Tickets not required.
- Wednesday May 25, 5-6:30pm
- Gore Courtyard
- Thursday May 26
6:30am Champagne Breakfast, Kaneb Courtyard
- Wear your regalia, bring your Harvard ID
- 7:00am Procession to Science Center Plaza
- 8:00am Senior Address in Senior Center Plaza Tent
- 8:15am Formation of Seniors in Old Yard
- 8:50am Procession into Tercentenary Theatre
9:30am Commencement Morning Excercises begins (the main, all-Harvard event)
- Livestreamed at https://www.harvard.edu/ and shown in the Winthrop JCR for family members that can't be in the Yard.
12pm Winthrop Luncheon and Diploma Ceremony
- Luncheon will be in Kaneb Courtyard; take food and walk on Memorial Drive to Gore Courtyard to sit and eat. Tickets required for luncheon.
- Diploma Ceremony will start about 12:40pm. Seniors should be in regalia for the Ceremony.
- Diploma Ceremony will be recorded but not livestreamed; link will be sent to seniors a few days after.
- 2:30pm Winthrop Diploma Ceremony finished