There are many rooms in Winthrop House that are available for use by community members. Many rooms are open for use without reservations, some rooms are freely available for use unless there is a scheduled event, and some rooms require reservations.
Note that common rooms and spaces may be reserved only by students and faculty affiliated with Winthrop House.
COVID-19 precautions: Please be sure to follow the current COVID-19 guidance when using rooms. In particular, face coverings must be worn at all times, with the following exceptions:
- Music practice rooms when using a wind instrument
- Student Kitchen, while actively eating
- Private Dining Room, while actively eating
In addition, furniture should not be rearranged and where appropriate please wipe down the table and chair with the provided wipes.
Browse the Winthrop website to learn more about Winthrop's rooms. Many rooms can be booked using RoomBook but some require contacting the Winthrop House Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org. You will typically need to reserve a room at least 2 business days in advance. Reservations are permitted only 9AM-11PM. Note that the Community Kitchen requires a key to be picked up; see the Community Kitchen page for instructions.
How To Reserve a Room on RoomBook
Go to the RoomBook website, select the FAS shield, and follow these instructions:
- Select Winthrop House.
- Enter the date or click the grid icon and select the date.
- Enter the start time and end time (Please try to limit individual meetings to no more than two consecutive hours)
- Enter expected attendance (number of attendees).
- (Optional) Click the “Room Type” drop-down to narrow the search by room type.
- Click the “Find Space” button.
- A grid will appear that lists the spaces that can accommodate your expected number of attendees.
- Select a room by clicking the “+” next to the room you want. Note: Solid blue indicates the room is already booked.
- Scroll down and click the “Continue” button.
- Enter the event name.
- Select the event type.
- Select “Winthrop House Students” from the Group drop-down list.