There are many rooms in Winthrop House that are available for use by community members. Many rooms are open for use without reservations, some rooms are freely available for use unless there is a scheduled event, and some rooms require reservations. Note that common rooms and spaces may be reserved only by students and faculty affiliated with Winthrop House.
- Reservations are permitted only 9AM-11PM
- If you do not receive an email confirming the reservation, you are not permitted to hold the space
- Requests for Monday-Friday must be submitted 2-business days in advanced
- Requests for Saturday and Sunday must be submitted by 12pm on Friday
- Reservations can be secheduled up to 1 month in advance
- Each reservation block is limited to 3 hours
If you are requesting a space for student organization
- if must a organization recognized by the College
- You must be present during the entirety of the event
- For parties/private events Winthrop House students may request the Beren Rooftop Common Room, Standish Commons Room (S408 & S440), & Gore 2nd floor Common Room. Students will need to register thier party (in advance) with their entryway Resident Tutor(s). Please see the Party Registration page for more infomration.
- Note that the Community Kitchen requires a key to be picked up; see the Community Kitchen page for instructions.
Browse the Winthrop website to learn more about Winthrop's rooms. Many rooms can be booked using RoomBook but some require contacting the Winthrop House Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Reserve a Room on RoomBook
Go to the RoomBook website, select the FAS shield, and follow these instructions:
- Select Winthrop House.
- Enter the date or click the grid icon and select the date.
- Enter the start time and end time (Please try to limit individual meetings to no more than two consecutive hours)
- Enter expected attendance (number of attendees).
- (Optional) Click the “Room Type” drop-down to narrow the search by room type.
- Click the “Find Space” button.
- A grid will appear that lists the spaces that can accommodate your expected number of attendees.
- Select a room by clicking the “+” next to the room you want. Note: Solid blue indicates the room is already booked.
- Scroll down and click the “Continue” button.
- Enter the event name.
- Select the event type.
- Select “Winthrop House Students” from the Group drop-down list.